Here is a fun idea for Massachusetts mosquito control!
It will certainly lower the amount of mosquitoes buzzing around your property, however many there may be. This does not mean that the frequency of biting mosquitoes will be reduced. If you have a severe mosquito problem, we encourage you to seek professional advice.
This product was featured on Sarah’s Craft Corner, and can be a fun crafts project. We saw the idea and just fell in love with it. You may not notice any difference in the mosquito bite frequency, but that doesn’t mean it’s not helping.
*The only surefire way to guarantee proper Massachusetts mosquito control is to commit to a professional spray care package.
You can make this product from scratch using household materials!
(This is one of the most creative projects of Massachusetts mosquito control around)
The product is very easy to make:
- Cut the plastic bottle in half, severing the top hemisphere from the bottom. Be sure to make the cut just beneath the body and the neck.
- Stir ¼ cup of brown sugar into hot water. After you have let it cool, pour it into the bottom hemisphere of the bottle—this is imperative to the mosquito control aspect of the project.
- Add 1 gram of yeast. No mixing necessary. Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide that is created by the yeast. (Unfortunately, that means they are also attracted to you, so they may be more attracted to biting you than entering the bottle).
- Place the top hemisphere of the bottle back upside down back into the body. This should create a funnel for the mosquitoes to enter. And never leave.
- Wrap the bottle in something that is black and be sure to leave the top uncovered. Place it outside in a high-trafficked area. You will begin to notice it catching many Massachusetts mosquitoes within its walls.
Similar to a bug zapper, eliminating mosquitoes does not mean “Massachusetts mosquito control,” in the sense that the problem has been solved. If you are looking for the ultimate sweep of mosquitoes from your property, we offer spray care packages to oust the pests.
If you’re interested in Massachusetts mosquito control, please contact us anytime.